Thanks to the lovely, Jamie @ Perpetual Page-Turner, for this end of year survey that you come up with for each year! I’m not a book blogger, so I won’t be doing the “Your blogging/bookish life” section. Here’s a link to a picture of the books that I’ve read in 2014: click me
Number Of Books You Read: 62
Number of Re-Reads: 8
Genre You Read The Most From: YA Contemporary
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
Ahh, this is a toss up between these 3 books… “Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour” by: Morgan Matson, “Crown of Midnight” by: Sarah J. Maas, and “The Book Thief” by: Markus Zusak.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
“Split Second” by: Kasie West. I just wanted MORE.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
“Crown of Midnight” by: Sarah J. Maas (in a good way).
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
“Divergent” by: Veronica Roth.
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Best series I started: Throne of Glass
Best Sequel: “Asunder” by: Jodi Meadows (I really wanted to put CoM, but I don’t want EVERY answer to be that haha)
Series ender: “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” by: JK Rowling
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Sarah J. Maas!
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
“Throne of Glass” AND “Crown of Midnight” by: Sarah J. Maas. I’m not usually a huge fan of Fantasy books, but this is SO good!!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
“Crown of Midnight” by: Sarah J. Maas!
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
“Since You’ve Been Gone” by: Morgan Matson!
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Ahh, that is so difficult! I’m going to pick three… Max Vandenburg, Celaena Sardothien, and Chaol Westfall.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
“Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour” by: Morgan Matson.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
“Me Since You” by: Laura Wiess and “Virgin” by: Radhika Sanghani.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
“Throne of Glass” by: Sarah J. Maas and “The Book Thief” by: Markus Zusak! Why didn’t any of my book friends insist that I read these sooner?!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
I can’t pick just one, so there’s going to be a lot!
“I always marvel at the humans’ ability to keep going. They always manage to stagger on even with tears streaming down their faces.” — Markus Zusak (The Book Thief)
“Sometimes, the wicked will tell us things just to confuse us–to haunt our thoughts long after we’ve faced them.” — Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass)
“Words are like seeds, I think, planted into our hearts at a tender age. They take root in us as we grow, settling deep into our souls. The good words plant well. They flourish and find homes in our hearts. They build trunks around our spines, steadying us when we’re feeling most flimsy; planting our feet firmly when we’re feeling most unsure. But the bad words grow poorly. Our trunks infest and spoil until we are hollow and housing the interests of others and not our own. We are forced to eat the fruit those words have borne, held hostage by the branches growing arms around our necks, suffocating us to death, one word at a time.” — Tahereh Mafi (Ignite Me)